Impact that will Last Forever

"Each meeting occurs at the precise moment for which it was meant. Usually, when it will have the greatest impact on our lives."...

"Each meeting occurs at the precise moment for which it was meant. Usually, when it will have the greatest impact on our lives." - Nadia Scrieva

Many people come in our life, some of them stay and some leaves. They surely discharge some impact in our lives.  But there are some other people whom we don’t even know but meanwhile they leave something inside you that lasts forever. 



One of the people who have left an unbreakable impact on me was a lady whom I don’t even know!


It was when I was in Chandigarh last year. I was with my mom and aunt in market. We were on the other side of the road. I saw a lady there with rugged clothes and she was holding a baby. Actually, she wasn’t holding him but he was hanging beside her belly. She had tied him with her dupatta. Most probably she was in her mid-twenties.


Image source: Afterjujuman
She was approaching person to person and was begging. With a little child with her, she was making gestures that she is hungry and wants money.


She approached two people and both of them denied giving her money. I felt pity of her.

As soon as we crossed the road, she had been gone far away. I was feeling bad for her. At the same instant, I turned to opposite side and saw something which I remember clearly till today. When I remember this scene, all the things seem clear in my mind.


She was a lady with lioness heart! A little dwarf lady in her late thirties was coming towards us. She was wearing rugged clothes but her attitude made her self-esteem more.  

I remember she was holding a white sack on her back and was holding it with her one hand. Her hairs were not tied perfectly. Moreover, she wasn’t having foot wears with her. She was walking bare footed on the streets.

After watching her, my mouth remained open and my eyes widened. It wasn’t the fact that she was having sack and was bare footed but she was working, working with her big foot. Her right foot was not normal but it was five times the normal!

She chose to work and earn her living. It was difficult for her to walk and hence she was taking steps with her one foot and pulling her another foot.

That day, I got answers of many of my questions. She went away with her sack on her back but inspired me in a way which I will remember forever.

We are lucky to have everything that we need but still we crave for more. We can make the best use of what we have to achieve something that we want!

I hope where ever she is today, she remains happy. Respect is something which you earn and she earned mine.She left an impact on me that will last forever!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Most Viewed